Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How to change the default browser in Visual Studio 2008 with ASP.NET MVC apps

This is the third time I've had to figure this out and it doesn't seem to be posted anywhere so I thought I'd post it myself for the next time I need to find it.

You'll find many tips that say "right click on any .aspx page" in solution explorer and chose "browse with"...

As it turns out, that doesn't work in a MVC project.  If you right click on any page other than default.aspx you will not get the "browse with" option.

So, when working on an ASP.NET MVC application, right click on default.aspx and chose "Browse With..."  Then you'll get a dialog that will allow you to change your default browser.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 17, 2014 at 6:16 AM , Blogger Arunraj said...

This is not a Correct solutions for VS 2008. Because VS doesn't have Browse with.. Option

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home