Thursday, July 5, 2007

Someone is interested in VFP developers

I just got a letter from Servoy USA in Thousand Oaks, CA. This letter is specifically aimed at VFP developers and starts out like this:
Microsoft recently announced that they are discontinuing Visual FoxPro. To make things more confusing they are not offering you any serious alternatives; Microsoft would like you to move your products to their Dynamics platform: that way you will push more Microsoft licenses to your customers.

Their other platform .Net is great but will reduce the productivity of your developers so maybe it's time for you to have a serious look at your alternatives.

I find this letter interesting and not just for the poor grammar.

First: This is the first time I've seen the assertion that Microsoft wants us to move to Dynamics. The letter dismisses .NET which is what I think most VFP developers consider as Microsoft's "upgrade path."

Second: At least one company in California thinks of VFP developers as an untapped market for their product even though they seem to be fairly unfamiliar with what is going on in the VFP world.

I'm not trying to get into the whole future of VFP issue. I just thought that it was interesting to get this letter. I don't think the fact that I'm a VFP developer has put me on any one's mailing list in quite some time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 10, 2007 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Garrett said...

I was rather amused to get one at my work address -- I didn't think I'd been here long enough to get on anyone's mailing lists yet.

 
At December 8, 2018 at 3:25 AM , Blogger madin said...

replica cartier watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica cartier santos watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home