Friday, September 7, 2007

FoxForward - getting here

Made it to the airport on time for my 7:09 AM departure. Whew.

Slept on the plane.

Landed, got my luggage, picked up my rental car. (Remind me never to get the cheapest no-name rental from Orbitz again.) The service was a bit slow and at one point the clerk asked where I worked and looked at the Geeks and Gurus logo on my shirt and asked If I could take a look at her computer, which was on the fritz. I told her I really write custom software and don't spend so much time fixing computers - which is mostly true these days. Anyway, got the hand-written paperwork (since the computer wasn't working) and followed her instructions to take a U-turn around the counter and cross the street and wait in the "orange" section. Fortunately a shuttle was there waiting and off we went.

The shuttle took me to the off-airport lot where my car was ready and waiting. I was told it was a purple Cobalt in space B5. I couldn't see any markings for the spaces, but I did see two Cobalts. One I'd call blue and one gray - no purple. The keys didn't work in the blue one so I tried the gray one and lo-and-behold it is actually purple in the right light. These cars we all so beat up I couldn't believe they'd rent them. Anyway, other than the fact that I was parked in I haven't had any problems with the car so far.

The hotel has been great so far. Very courteous help checking me in - keys were ready upon arrival. Took my stuff up and came back down to move the car - leaving the room keys in the room. The front desk kindly made me another set and told me to bring the first set down when I had a chance. A little while later I went across the hall to get a coke and discovered I took the old set of keys which didn't work any more! Back downstairs where they kindly made the original set work again.

So I'm here and need to spend some time reviewing my session. The conference starts today, but I don't present until tomorrow at 8:00 am.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home